(A) PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates of Mechanical engineering program will have a successful career in Mechanical Engineering and allied industries.
- PEO 2: Graduates of Mechanical engineering program will have expertise in the areas of Design, Thermal, Materials and Manufacturing.
- PEO 3: Graduates of Mechanical engineering program will contribute towards technological development through academic research and industrial practices.
- PEO 4: Graduates of Mechanical engineering program will practice their profession with good communication, leadership, ethics and social responsibility.
- PEO 5: Graduates of Mechanical engineering program will adapt to evolving technologies through life-long learning.
(B) PROGRAM OUTCOMES(POs)
Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solution for complex engineering problems and design systems components or process that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety , and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research- based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as , being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work , as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-Long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
(C) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Ability to implement new ideas in various fields such as thermal ,industrial and product design & development while ensuring best manufacturing practices.
Ability to lead professional career in industries or an entrepreneur by applying engineering and management principles and practices.